Re: RE: Echinodorus 'compacta'

>>Thanks for the info, Tom.
Are there any other swords besides e. 'compacta', e. parviflorus, and e.
tennellus that don't grow monstrous? From what I can tell, e.
cordifolius 'Tropica Marble Queen' stays pretty small, too.  I have
appx. 10" of vertical space to work with.  Suggestions, anyone?<<

Marble queens do NOT stay small, they grow to be just as enourmous as any
Amazon sword. I had one 2 and a half feet tall.

"compacta"swords, which is a Florida Aquatic Nurseries hybrid, has a larger
girth than height, but isnt really a miniature sword. Other than the grass
like Echinodorus, the parvaflorus var tropica is the smallest or shortest to
my knowledge.

Read about it on Dennerle here
http://www.dennerle.de/pflanzen/Pflanzenergebnis.asp

As opposed to the much larger "Black Amazon" E parviflorus here:
http://www.dennerle.de/pflanzen/Pflanzenergebnis.asp

Erik Olson bought a few from me when I met him at GPAS  a couple weeks
ago...(what a gorgeous production he put together on his trip to the
Amazon....I can still hear those howling monkeys!) I have lots left.

What size plant are you looking for? What leaf shape? There are other
alternatives to swords.

Robert Paul Hudson
http://www.aquabotanic.com