[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Rock PO4
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Rock PO4
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:20:44 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200201242048.g0OKm6c26884 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Any suggestions for figuring out how much to dose in a 70 gallon aquarium.
> I figured I start small, and then test until the readings got high enough on
> my phosphate test. I am now proud owner of three phosphate test kits.
Well 3 I guess are better than 1:)
> I have significant amounts of phosphate in my tap water (> 1 ppm I have not
> tested it on the high range of my test kit.). When I do a partial water
> change it is gone within a few hours.
So where does all the PO4 go day after day? How much can the gravel possibly
hold? Must all go to the plant at some point.
Well do a bigger water change. KH2PO4 is a once in a life time type purchase
and will not cost much if that doesn't get it for you.