[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Bleach, Algae, Snails...
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Bleach, Algae, Snails...
- From: "Jeffrey L. Bodin" <bodin1 at gte_net>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:24:23 -0800
- Importance: Normal
- In-Reply-To: <200201240848.g0O8m3225257 at actwin_com>
"Has anybody pulled plants out of an existing tank, bleached them, and
returned them to the tank and had good results? "
Why would anyone do this to their plants?!?!?!?!?!?
It significantly harms them and while it may "limit" algae physically
present on the plants, it does NOTHING to preventing algae on/in the
You will get Algae, you will get snails (no matter how hard you try, unless
you kill the plants in the process of course).... Accept it.
Bleach only gives a false feeling of safety and hurts an already traumatic
event (the transfer/transplant).
I don't get it.