Re: E. uruguayensis

The species, uruguayensis, currently includes several different varieties,
according to Kasselmann (Aquqrienpflanzen).  One is the so-called
narrow-leaved uruguayensis, which is always green.  There is also the old
green horemanii and the old red horemanii, both of which have much broader
leaves.  I have had the red horemanii and the narrow-leaved variety, and
they were quite different plants.  The narrow-leaved variety can become a
very large plant, and can switch to producing floating oval leaves with
very long petioles.  The red horemanii grown under the same conditions has
not produced floating leaves

Paul Krombholz in central Mississippi, where we had some light showers last
night.