RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1539

> Aquatic Plants Digest    Tuesday, January 15 2002    Volume
> 04 : Number 1539

> ------------------------------
> Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:43:51 EST
> From: MrTorts at aol_com
> Subject: I am in the club!
>
> My first high tech planted tank is finally planted!
> I got my CO2 going, and it dropped the Ph down.  The KH vs.
> Ph chart said I
> was ready for action.  I ran to my LFS and blew $130 on
> plants.  I spent over
> 2 hours planting.
> It looks awesome!  I'm excited.  Thanks for helping, and for
> understanding my
> joy.
>
> David S. Brown

Where's the pictures??? <grin>

> ------------------------------
> Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:31:20 -0800
> From: Christine Bennett <christine.bennett at usa_net>
> Subject: What Type Wood for Driftwood?
>
> The recent discussion on driftwood ties in with a problem I have been
> trying to figure out.  I have some small planted tanks, one with a
> pretty large piece of driftwood that I bought but the other
> doesn't have
> any.  I'd like to add a small, thin, branchy piece about 6
> inches long.

My favourite driftwood for aquariums is JavaRoot (African).

It always sinks (soak it for a week tho unless you LIKE the tannin in
your water <my Discus do>)...

Here's a link:
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=200&1=205&2=-1

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:14:39 -0800
> From: Dave Gomberg <gomberg at wcf_com>
> Subject: Re: fertilizer/chemistry help
>
> At 03:48 PM 1/14/02 -0500, Richard Clark wrote:
> >I recently started fertilizing with tropica master grow but
> that won't be in
> >my budget much longer.
>

> I just don't understand this.   You can get five liters of
> TMG for less
> than $60 from bigalsonline.com
>
> That should last a fifty gallon tank for four years.  What's
> the problem?

Not a bad deal. What's the shelf-life of TMG?

Also, here's an interesting question (or not? Lol)..

I dose 1 week with TMG and the next week with Flourish... Is there close
to a consensus as to which is better, or what the optimimum kind of
combination of doses is? (can I pre-MIX them along with my flourish
iron, potassium for a single dosing bottle?).

Gregory (still waiting for my new tank to be delivered!)

 http://www.myfishbox.com/members/ggooden