Re: High K level and Ca uptake

Dave Morris wrote:

>mentioned that high levels of Potasium can block Ca uptake . As
>someone who doses K liberally, and has seen the odd contorted leaf
>even after dosing Ca I would be interested in knowing more .

I have seen poor growth when I had 50ppm K with much lower Ca. I speculate
this may be due to poor Ca uptake.... but in my case, I did not see the
symptoms you describe. I am basing my speculation in part on a plants
ability to use K in lieu of Ca, when the Ca is very low. A little more on
this in my response to T.Barr (next message on NPK).
Neil