Re: Mounting Fans on Top of Hood

There is no reason not to mount the fans on top of your hood if that is the
only place you can easily mount them. No reason to fight convection though,
so you would probably be better off having the fans blow *out from* the
hood rather than in to it. That way you are pulling cool air in the back of
the hood (and through every hole and crack), and pulling the hot air up and
out through the openings in the top.

     -Bill

>I'm hoping to add two fans to my hood but because the
>fluorescent lights I am using butt up against the sides
>of the hood (bad design on my part) I don't have room
>to add fans on the sides.  Can I mount fans to the top
>of the tank hood so that air is pushed into the hood
>and out the back which is open?  I will have them
>mounted at the front of the hood on both sides.  The other
>option is to cut out areas in the top of the hood for
>passive ventilation.

Waveform Technology
UNIX Systems Administrator