Mounting Fans on Top of Hood

I'm hoping to add two fans to my hood but because the
fluorescent lights I am using butt up against the sides
of the hood (bad design on my part) I don't have room
to add fans on the sides.  Can I mount fans to the top
of the tank hood so that air is pushed into the hood
and out the back which is open?  I will have them
mounted at the front of the hood on both sides.  The other
option is to cut out areas in the top of the hood for
passive ventilation.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

SUBMIT FREE Website Promotion at ineedhits.com!!!