Re: War on hydra

        From: Naomi Mizumoto <naomizu at pacbell_net>

Much thanks to all who have replied on my predicament! I've decided that
when I get a chance, I will purchase several juvenile guppies and unleash
them in this tank......<rest deleted>........

I am not too confident that baby guppies could take care of the hydra, but
perhaps adult ones can.  they can peck with more authority.  As you have
seen, hydras can attach really tightly.  One person I know well who has
battled hydra in the past is John Pitcairn.  I don't know if he is reading
the list these days..... John, did you ever get rid of the pesky little
things?

Good luck!

Paul Krombholz, in rainy central Mississippi