Re: eheim confusion

> Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:00:01 -0500
> From: Ron Barter <mistnfrost at superaje_com>
> Subject: eheim confusion
>
>     The first is recommended for tanks to 92 gallons, output 251 gph, and
> the second for tanks to 158 gallons at 277 gph. The 2228 has a larger
> capacity for filter media, so I can understand their rating it suitable
for
> a larger tank. It's the flow rates that confuse me... I checked the parts
> lists, and both filters use the same motor and pump assembly, consume the
> same amount of power, will operate the same 6'7" head, and have the same
> 3/4" input and 1/2" output hoses. The dimensions of the cannister are even
> the same, except the larger filter is taller. So how does the 2228 push 26
> more gph? I would think that with more filter media to push through, the
> larger filter would have LESS flow, not more.

I have a 2028, which is the 2228 without a heater.  It has 3/4" hoses on
both inlet and outlet.  Perhaps the larger outlet hose makes the flow
difference...

Cheers,

Suzy

PS.  FWIW, my 2028 has performed wonderfully well over the last six months.
Eheims are great filters.

---
suzyj at suzyj_net      http://www.suzyj.net/