Red Sea vs Tetra nitrate test kit

I recently ran out of my old Tetra nitrate test kit, which mostly read my two tanks at about 10-12ppm (I think Tetra reads in ppm; they sure don't tell you that!).
So, I purchased something local - Red Sea's nitrate test kit, groan...

Then, I read all the bad posts on this kit; too late.
I tested my tanks and they test as 5ppm or half of the amount given by the Tetra kit (at the same time; I had a little left of the Tetra so compared them).

Which to believe?  I guess it's going to have to be Lamotte in the future!

Roxanne Bittman