It's Alive!!!

Y'all aren't going to believe it;  one of the driftwood pieces I have is
growing what appears to be small roots!  This thing's been in one tank or
another for over two years and has never showed behavior other than
inanimate deadness before this.  I tried an experiment last week using
triple superphosphate (kids, don't try this at home) that made both plants
and algae go nuts with rampant growth.  Could my experiment have stimulated
dormant cells in the wood (I believe it's old root mass from a
hardwood)?  Should I be worried about anything other than waking up one
morning to find an oak tree growing out of my tank?
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee