Re: Hard water

> Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 07:37:46 -0800
> From: "Don Tuleja" <durocshark at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Liquid Rock
>
> I knew I had hard water but...
>
> I tested my tank last night. pH 7.8 just like my tap, and KH 5deg. Ok, as
> expected. But my GH is 30deg!!! Wow!

Is rather high. Not really an issue though. GH has little if any bearing on
plants. My GH is 24.

> Interesting thing, is my plants are doing well, even with the hair algae
> battle going on. Maybe that hardness is why my bumble bee gobies are doing
> so well? Hmm...
>
> Anyway, does anybody else have such an odd set of parameters?

KH is 8 and the GH is 24. This spread is a bit more than mine but not enough
to make a difference.

> I'm thinking
> I'm going to have start doing water changes with DI water. Groan. Have to
> buy that kind of water. Sigh...

Why do this? You even said your plants were doing well. Like to do extra
work:)?
DI water does taste good. Drink it instead.
Regards,
Tom Barr