soft water

Hey gang,

I have soft water <1-GH/KH. I've been beating around
the bush trying to find a way to fix it without
clouding my tank every week. I don't think it's
possible.

I picked this stuff up at the hardware store called
"garden lime" by Espoma. Looks like good stuff! Here
is the breakdown:

Calcium (Ca)..................21%
Magnesium (Mg)................12%
Calcium Oxide.................30%
Magnesium Oxide...............21%
Calcium Carbonate.............54%
Magnesium Carbonate...........43%
Calcium Carbonate equivalent 104
Effective neutralizing value 100 <<?!>>
Effective neutralizing power 100 <<?!>> what are
these?

<<how do those %'s work?>>

"Espoma Garden Lime is the finest grade dolomitic
limestone available. Its finer grind makes it react as
quickly as hydrated lime without the hazzards of
hydrated lime."

Based on what I've read in the archives/ The Krib this
should be OK to increase my GH, yes? Can the chemists
on the list please advise?

TIA,
John Wheeler

p.s...I know baking soda for KH.