Native plants

I usually gather up some good quantities of Japanese native plants. Lots of
sagiteria species front he paddies and the edges of irrigation canals,
vallisneria and nuphar species, cabomba, hornwort and other immersed species
from in the canals and from reservoirs/ponds. I'm looking for some some
attractive NA or Asian temperate water plants to use. I was looking to see
if there are any Apongeton or Echinorus species that I could use in my
outdoor tubs and overwinter successfully. If anyone has any ideas or
suggestions I'd be most eager to hear them.

><< I gathered other species including ludwigia.  Some of
>  these are probably terrestrial plants, but I figure it
>  wouldn't hurt to throw them underwater and see what
>  happens, since I couldn't identify them. >>
>
>In the wild, that's where you'll find most Ludwigia, Bacopa and "pennywort"
>- -- as dense, small-leaved, ground hugging terrestrials near, but not in
>water. I too walked all over them as a kid - not realizing what they were -
>while at the very same time shelling out hard-earned paper route money for
>them at the LFS.
>
>Put them in a tank and they survive just fine, growing larger, much more
>attractive leaves.
>
>I'm still hoping to stumble across Ludwigia arcuata, Proserpinaca and
>Lobelia
>cardinalis in the wild. I hear they're around...
>
>Bob Olesen
>West Palm Beach

Edward Venn,
SMG Holdings Co., Ltd.,