Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:01:01 -0800
From: jgarden2000 at juno_com
Subject: Re: Glow-in-the-dark fishies

If I had those fluorescent zebras, I'd put them under the actinic
lighting they sell for reef tanks (maybe mix them with some more standard
lights, so the tank isn't totally blue...).

Those bulbs actually make some corals fluoresce (so I'm told), but seem
to emit little enough UV light that I've never heard of them killing
people's fish... (enough reefers use them that I'd think you'd hear about
it if there was a problem).

Of course, I don't know how the plants would like it... ;-)

William