Re: rinsing Fluorite

In a message dated 12/12/01 4:05:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,

<<

 ------------------------------

 Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:30:46 -0700
 From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
 Subject: Re: Rinsing Flourite

 Scott H. wrote

 > It seems there are quite a few ingenious ways to rinse Flourite.  Is
 > this stuff popular or what?

 Not sure if this was a rhetorical question, but for anyone who might be
 wondering, I very much believe that Flourite is worth any hassles
 involved in rinsing, and IMO, it's THE BEST substrate option out
 there.   It's a little pricey, but it is a one time expense, and the
 cost (in time as well as money) to redo a substrate is much more than
 the cost to use flourite and know it's done right the first time.

 - --
 Chuck Gadd

I couldn't agree more. I have done the replacement thing. I have a 90 gallon
with small gravel and laterite on the bottom, and it is fine. But Fluorite is
the best IMO. Worth every penny. It is in my 125 and now my 65.
Dave