RE: Rinsing Flourite

I've found Flourite to be a great additive for potted terrestrial plants (to
promote drainage)  Mix a third Flourite with a third potting soil and a
third peat moss, and you have a great potting mixture for Bonsai, alpines,
and bulbs.  Way cheaper than pre-mixed Bonsai soil.  I never had luck with
Pleiones (a orchid that grows from a bulb) until I tried this mixture.  I
wonder if the iron in it could be absorbed by a terrestrial plant?  Makes a
great top dressing for a potted specimen alpine as well.  Probably good in
meatloaf as well.

Joe K