Re: Detritus

I don't know how old Cavan's tank is or how well balanced, but I thought I'd
share an interesting thing that's happened in my 6 month old tank. I had
noticed that lots of brownish "stuff" would build up on all my fine-leaved
plants, especially the hairgrass and Myriophyllum matagrossense, and also on
the glass. It vacuumed up easily and I assumed it was some sort of dirt. But
last week I blacked out the tank, and I am noticing that this stuff is not
coming back at all on the glass, and very, very little on the plants. Is
there a brown dust algae?