Flourite is dirty stuff.

     I spent hours washing 75 pounds of Flourite Red [by Seachem] on
Saturday.  What a chore.  The stuff is so dirty you cant even see your hand
in the bucket until about the 4th or 5th rinse.
     I had half of it in the tank before I discovered that it will eventually
rinse clean.  Just put about 3 pounds at a time in a bucket, angle the
bucket, and run the hose on it until it runs clear.  Plan on spending hours.
Get a TV or radio and a 6 pack.
     Unfortunately, since I discovered this late, I now have a very messy
substrate in my tank.  I may start a new style, with this my first heavily
planted tank, called "Muddy Waters."  Very natural.
     I hope this helps you someday.

David S. Brown

multipart/alternative
  text/html