Green Pea Soup

I was away from home for a week or so. My 10G had the light left on for that time. I came back to find that my tank looking like in was filled with green pea soup. I have plants in this tank, and I have never had this problem before. I'm supposed to keep the lights off for 48hrs+ to kill the algea. I also performed a large water change, around 80%. Is there anything else I can do? BTW, in 3 days I will be tearing this tank down to move it for Xmas.

Thanks,
Sherri

http://www.shopping.altavista.com