This Won't Hurt a Bit...

FYI -

After trying a variety of methods to get N/P/K and micronutrients into the
bottom of an existing substrate, I accidentally discovered that the barrel
of a 20 ml syringe can be easily pushed deep into the substrate and ejected
with little leakage into the water column. I'm using a basic PMDD mixture,
plus some PO4,  with Dupla laterite added under the assumption that the
nutrients might bind with the laterite prior to entering the tank. The NO3
seems to leak back into the water column the most, the PO4 and iron less so.
To prevent clogging, I drilled out the end of the syringe with an eighth
inch bit. Seems to be working, the swords are responding after a couple of
days.

Tom