pics and algae balls

For those who asked, here is a picture of the Rotala macranda varigated
http://www.aquabotanic.com/images/rotmacvar.JPG
It has different shades of red and a little green. Other pics seen here
http://www.aquabotanic.com/specials.htm

I would like to ask Tom Barr a question about his algae balls. I recently
got a couple in a trade with him. Tell me about this plant! Under what
conditions does it grow? How quickly, and can it be attached like moss?
Does it have any benefits other than asthetic?

Robert Paul Hudson
http://www.aquabotanic.com
AB Newsletter, approaching 1000 subscribers