Re: Re: PO4/deficiencies/modeling

At 09.48 04/12/2001, you wrote:
>No, not that hard. If you got one good eye, your up to it:-)

That's experience! And about good eye, please have a look to this:
http://www.aquaplantnutx.it/mytank/01-12-06_Glossostigma.jpg

and tell me what do you think! why Glosso's leaves are so much elongated
and not rounded as usual? They look deformed in some way!
They have also another strange thing: a tiny light brown border along all
the edge of the leaves.. it's not possible to see it in the pic but in
bright light is visible.

>At least for a few days you will have good conditions by doing this. If
>you add PO4, NO3, Trace 2-3x a week including this you will have mastered
>the nutrients pretty damn well.

okay, things are going as follow:
I made some test and after the PO4 burst (I raised it up to 0.4ppm), I made
water change every day (at least 30%) and restore the GH/KH/K+/NO3 values;

4-12-01:
NO3 (after adding NaNO3 in the morning) = 5.0ppm ; in the evening after 10
hours of lights, NO3 = 1.5ppm

5-12-01:
NO3 (after adding NaNO3 in the morning) = 7.0ppm ; in the evening after 10
hours of lights, still NO3 = 1.5ppm

more thread algae at the evening. Glosso greener, but not perfect still
(Look at the pics link).

6-12-01:
Trace elements but iron added in a *small* amount.
NO3 (after adding NaNO3 in the morning) = 8.0ppm ; in the evening after 10
hours of lights, NO3 = 1.5ppm

much more bubbles, less thread algae.

Now PO4 is absent again. Should I add it again? All the bursts went away in
matter of hours!!!

ciao,
Luca