Re: lighting question

>>what's the next step up from 3 watts/gal using
standard T-12 fluourescents?<<

Roxanne,

Why do I have that police song going through my
head....oops, off-topic again...  :)

I would suggest CF with good reflectors.

Reflectors make a big difference.  Just ask Gary
Lange.  On one side of his tank he has a
non-reflectorized CF fixture, and on the other he has
the good ahsupply CF with-reflector fixture.

From the way he talks about it, I think he grows
anubias on the one side, and everything else on the
other!!

Arthur
http://www.awaqua.com