Re: repost: Lotus from seeds

<<Has anyone tried germinating lotus seeds from the dried seed pods you
 buy at craft stores? I keep reading how lotus seeds can remain viable
 for 1000's of years.  Maybe even 10000.  Are the seeds in those pods for
 dried flower arrangments still viable or have they been cooked or
 irradiated to kill them?>>

As I understand it, they're still viable, but here's my question: What the heck do they look like? Everyone seems to know what these pods are but I've never seen one and would certainly like some in my pond (if it ever gets warm again ...). Anyone have a picture?

-Molly & the fish