Price of CO2

Earlier this year I was paying $5 to refill my 5lb CO2 tank.  Then, last
month, when I went to get another refill, the fellow said the price has gone
up to $10, because CO2 have gotten more expensive to produce.  I paid up
because I didn't have time to look around for better prices.  But because
the sales fellow wasn't too convincing in his delivery, I'd be interested in
any recent experiences folks around here might have.  Have CO2 prices really
gone up or did I get my pocket picked?