Wiring tips for DIY Remote Ballast's

Well, my DIY hood is moving along.  It is stained and received it's second
coat of Flecto Diamond Varathane last night (that stuff looks like it will
be bullet proof!).  I ordered some new reflectors from Kim at AHSupply that
should arrive this Saturday.

So, this weekend I am going to be mounting the ballast's in my stand and the
lights in the hood.  I purchased some 16 awg / 2 conductor / stranded /
waterproof / 90C resistant cable from Home Depot.  I think this should be
good enough.  Anyone have some tips for wiring the ballasts to the cable and
the cable to the sockets?  I guess 1 cable per socket should work, right?
I'm using AH supply / Fulham ballasts. 2x55 watt and 1x 96 watt.  Someone
suggested I use power-cord parts for quick-disconnects... Any other ideas?

TIA,

Tony

BTW -- Will Ghost shrimp eat algae, or should I strive to get C. japonica
(my LFS hasn't been able to, and I don't like the 1.5 hour drive to That
Fish Place!)