more lights

I am working on getting the light/plant/nutrient balance right in my 72
gallon tank which has about 3WPG. I am thinking about adding another 55 or
96 watts to the tank - my brother-in-law said he'd make me a new light box
for Christmas. My question is, how much is that going to throw off all my
carefully calibrated dosing? Should I wait until the tank is balanced and
settled, and then disturb it, or go ahead an disturb it now while it is
already disturbed?

-rachel