RE: Riccia Fluitans

>Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:56:00 +0100
>From: "Greger Lindstrand" <greglind at algonet_se>
>Subject: Riccia Fluitans
>
> Is there a better way than using enormous amounts of fishingline?

I have been using the nylon mesh or netting that you can get from any fabric
store.  I think it is used for costume veils.  It costs less than a dollar
per sq. yard and comes in green.  A yard is enough for ~50 rocks.  The cells
are the perfect size for letting riccia grow through.  It does not seem to
degrade in water.  The mesh is invisible after a few days.  After placing
the riccia on a rock, I cover it with the netting and sew up the back with
nylon fishing line.   Takes just a few minutes per rock.  If I keep the
riccia tightly trimmed, it can be months before I need to redo the rock.

Joe K.