Riccia Fluitans

How do you take care of your Riccia Fluitans to make it look so nice?
I've wrapped mine with fishingline but it keeps leaving the driftwood in chunks. I removed all ancistrus and such so there's no fish that can cause this. Is there a better way than using enormous amounts of fishingline?
How often does it need pruning? Is it OK to mow it with sissors?
All hints on Riccia maitenance is welcome.
- Greger

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---