Re: Poll: micron/diatom filters

Penny Crowley wrote:

>I wonder if you all can help me. I am deciding whether to get a Magnum
>(micron) or a Vortex (diatom) filter for intermittent "floating speck"
>clean-up.
>
>Can I get some opinions on which is better (or any other suggestions)?
>I appreciate it.

Penny, I've never used a Magnum micron cartridge, but I can't say enough
good things about my diatom filter when it comes to cleaning up the mess
following a heavy round of tank maintenance.  It polishes water
beautifully.  It is back-flushable, so the filter itself can be cleaned out
easily too.  I've had mine for over two years now, and I've not had any
problems with it.  YMMV, of course.

If I'm not mistaken, this subject popped-up on the list not too long
ago.  Maybe you can find some opinions in the APD archives as well.

HTH,

Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee  USA
mailto:grendel at usit_net