Plants for hard water

As a "newbie," I'd like to ask the list for some help in terms of species
selection. I am planning a Tanganyikan cichlid tank on the 125 gallon range
and am looking for advice as to what plant will do well (or at least
minimally thrive) in the hard, relatively high pH required by these fish.

I've been told Anubias sp., Val., and Java fern should do OK, although I
have some concerns about Anubias' nutrient requirements, given the cichlids'
propensity for digging.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob