Reading LaMotte NO3 Test kit

Can anyone tell me how to obtain NO3 values from a Lamotte NO3 test kit.  I
have been taking the initial reading from the comparator and multiplying by
4.4.  I believe this to be the correct way to convert from What Lamotte
calls Ppm Nitrate-Nitrogen to Nitrate.  What confuses me are the readings
that I hear mentioned on the APD with regard to Lamotte kits.  They sound
more like a direct reading from the comparator than the converted number.

Thanks,

Peter
Naples, Florida