Re:Yeast C02 reactors; glue gun makes the prefect seal.

>>Just a question ( and this might seem silly but it has me puzzled ). If
you seal the bottles up with glue, when the yeast has metabolised all of the
sugar do you throw the bottle away and make a new one ? <<

If you can not cut the seal with a razor blade or something, then I dont see
what choice you would have but throw it away. But are we using the right
terminology here? A soda bottle or facsimile with the yeast solution I would
call a CO2 "generator". A reactor is a device typically inside the aquarium
that mixes the CO2 gas with water before expelling it into your aquarium.
This is more commonly done with pressurized gas, but there are two devices
now that can be used with DIY systems:

Plantguild has a neat reactor with a Rio pump attached that is compadible
with a DIY CO2 system. The Power reactor kit comes with a years supply of
yeast and a two liter bottle cap, and 8 ft of tubing. You can find info on
it at http://www.aquabotanic.com/CO2page.html On the same page you will find
another innovative product by our own Tom Barr, which has been discussed
here recently. This is an external reactor driven by an attached pump that
sits on the back of your aquarium. I particularly like this one. I have long
hated putting reactors inside my aquarium because of it taking up space and
obscuring the view. Another peice of equipment to try and hide with plants.
The SDP reactor takes care of this problem by sitting outside the tank with
only the small pump in the water. It has a huge amount of surface space with
all those bio balls and re circulates any size CO2 bubble until completly
dissolved. I feel fortunet that Tom let me carry this product, because my
guess is within a year some big billion dollar company will come along and
offer Tom big bucks for it, and then the price of it will triple!!!  Both
these products make DIY CO2 systems much much more effective and easier to
control. Of course they also work with pressurized gas.

Robert Paul Hudson
http://www.aquabotanic.com