Re: types of Anubias plants

Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:

> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:53:51 -0500
> From: "James Purchase" <jppurchase at Home_com>
> Subject: Re: types of Anubias plants
>
> (B.T.W. Anubias is a genus, not a family).

opps. sorry abt. that. :-)

> It looks like Karen went right to "the source" and obtained a copy of the
> most recent taxonomic revision of the genus to research her article.
> http://www.animalnetwork.com/fish2/aqfm/1999/mar/aquatic/default.asp
> http://www.animalnetwork.com/fish2/aqfm/1999/may/aquatic/default.asp

I had already seen those pages. Neat stuff. And Karen
is a terrific artist!

> http://www.sfbaaps.com/reference/randall_01_01.shtml

THat's a members-only page. Could not access it.

> For a complete listing of Anubias species, go to the KRIB -
> http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Plants/Anubias-nana.html
> - - look for the message posted by Karl Schoeler on 16 Feb. 1996.

Very cool! Thanks!!!

> See if you can match your plants to the descriptions given in Karen's
> articles.

The pages I was able to access did not have anything
resembling the two plants I have. If I find out anything
useful about my mystery plants, I'll pass it along.

cheers,
    shireen

--
Shireen Gonzaga