Re: "K-Meg"

> From: Lazarus Miskowski <lazmiskowski at yahoo_com>
> Subject: "K-Meg" and Jobe's (fertlizier questions)
>
> 1. K-meg
>
> Just bought a fertilizer called "k-meg" that is
> 0-0-22.  It is 22% K20, 11% Mg, 22% S.  No further
> details were given.  My question is, from this, can we
> determine whether the potassium source is KCl or
> Potassium Sulfate?  I want the latter and not the
> former.  I am afraid this stuff might be muriate of
> potash mixed with Mg Sulfate.

	The percentage of sulphur corresponding to the "K2O" and Mg
analyses, if they _are_ both there as sulphates, is indeed 22%, so it looks
as if they are both there as sulphates.  The amount of oxygen in the sulphates
would be 44%, so the K (18%), S, Mg and O would add up to 95%, implying
that there is little water of crystallysation in the MgSO4.

--
Paul Sears        Ottawa, Canada