Nymphaea daubenyana

Thanks for all the comments on Creeping Jenny. I think its fun to hear many
peoples experience and thoughts on a particular plant.

Here is another one for you: Nymphaea daubenyana, an African Lotus plant,
different from a typical Tiger Lotus. It grows from a long tuber, producing
only one plant per tuber. But the most striking difference is the fire
engine red color of the leaves, and even the stems can color up to a bright
red. Several of my customers tell me it colors up very well under low to
moderate light levels, making it suitable for many more people. Has anyone
here found this to be true?
http://www.aquabotanic.com/images/thereddestlotus.jpg

Robert Paul Hudson
http://www.aquabotanic.com