UV Sterilizer

In a message dated 10/31/01 2:56:15 PM Central Standard Time,

> this
> month after cleaning my filter and pruning.  I did a 5 day blackout and
> diatom filtration with a Magnum HOT w/ Vortex Diatom powder.  This didn't
> do
> much -- most of the other algae looks dead though, so that is progress.  I
> bought a Aquanetics 8 watt UV and hooked it up yesterday afternoon to the
> output of the HOT (Micron cart. no diatom).  Its been running over night,
> and I left it running when I left for work.  It didn't look like the water

What I found recently, when I hooked up my 25 watt Aquanetics UV sterilizer
was that once I changed a substantial portion of the water the water was
clear.  I would recommend changing from 50-75% of the water, then sit back
and see the clearness.  BTW, can you see that the light is running thru the
sight holes?  That is obviously important too.  Good Luck,

Don

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---