Re: SFbay area water

I have also noticed a dramatic increase in ammonia in my water lately (actually I just measured my water this week since this has never been a problem before, but I had been noticing some respiratory distress in my fish after water changes for several weeks.)
My RO water is not soo bad but the waste water is around 50mg/L.
I too had the same idea that the utilities were trying to preempt any terrorist atack on the water supply.
I made the mistake of proposing this to my husband after he got home from spending 8hrs with paranoid schizophrenics so he just looked at me funny and said that I was sounding like one of his patients. sigh.

Anyhow at least I am not the only one.

Tarah Nyberg
Dallas TX