Sylvania ballast failure -32 IS

About a year ago, I got a Sylvania Quicktronic QT
2x32/120 IS from a local elctrical supply store and
wired it into a twin tube Perfecto strip light to run
two Zoomed T8s.  It has worked well that way for some
time now.  Recently, the bulbs only light up half way
and the ballast makes a high pitched buzzing sound.
After only a year?!  I called the electrical store and
described the problem and the guy said it might be
because I'm running aquarium bulbs.  I think he's full
of it.  I can't find the receipt, so I'll need to be
prepared when I take the whole thing in. Does anyone
think they should replace it?

Thanks, Cavan