Re:CO2 tubing

> More generally, has anyone had experience with "air/CO2" hoses (vinyl,
> rubber, or whatever) cracking under any cirucmstances?  And if so, how
> old were the hoses.
>
> Scott H.

I've never had it happen. Stiffening yes, cracking no. This also happens on
airline that doesn't have pure CO2 going into it. Silicone seems fine and I
personally would not pay for the 1-2$ a ft stuff. Low pressures, good flow
rates, decent rubber thickness etc ....it seems to me like a ploy to sell
you something extra at an added cost. If it is really useful or convenient
okay, but this is not one bit on either nor reasonably priced.
I think I did the math and came out it would take about 10 years for the
tubing to pay for itself based on _THEIR_ loss rate estimations. I'm willing
to bet my own loss rates are far lower than their assumptions. And what are
those assumptions? Where do those stat's come from?

Regards,
TomBarr