eleocharis acicularis

Question about E. acicularis.

I have this plant.  It grows.  But the runners stay
very short (2-3) cm, and don't have that bright green
color that I like.

I saw that one fellow had good success with this
species.  He had something like 6-7watts/gal, and used
dupla tabs.

In the meantime, I have tried putting bits o' Jobes
spikes among the hairgrass, hoping that it will help.

Is there anyone on the list that can help with
creating a lush acicularis lawn?  Amano?  Anyone?

Arthur
http://www.awaqua.com