RE: CO2 - tubing and filter questions

Jeff,

IMO.  The only ones that can seriously advocate the use of special "CO2
resistant" tubing for our aquarium use are the ones that sell it for
$.99/foot.  I assume the diffusion rates quoted for some tubing is at
much higher pressure than the 1 or 2 PSI we use.

I have fairly long runs of both vinyl and silocone tubing (my personal
preference) in use for over a year with no noticeable dedregation.  My
main system uses 1/4-inch comercial rubber air hose at 20 PSI to feed a
manifold.  No problems there either.

The up side is convenience and lower cost.  But if after spending big $$
for a CO2 system, if a few $$ more gives you a little more confidence,
then go for it.

Lyndle Schenck

Ҷ2)Ehztk*Zjeƭ