Re: Excel

Olga wrote:

> I was actually hoping that someone would tell me what this was in
> context with a planted tank. Is it fertilizer? Algae destroyer? a
> kind of fish? a substrate? a filter? I've never heard of it outside
> of MicroSoft.

Excel is a Seachem product.  It's a carbon suppliment they say can be
used in place of or along with CO2.  It is supposed to provide something
like the chemicals that plants produce during photosynthesis.  Plants
are expected to adsorb the chemical out of the water and use it in the
place of or along with chemicals that they would otherwise synthesize
from light and CO2.

The label says "Contains polycyclocglutaracetyl"

Roger Miller