Re: on frogbit

In a message dated 10/19/01 3:56:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< I have never seen a giant duckweed but frogbit is similar.  It is a
floater,
 the leaves can get as large as a penny AND it is NOT the invasive pain
 duckweed is.  It can easily be cleaned out if you tire of them.  From what I
 understand, it is a good nutrient sponge as well.

Just beware that this plant multiplies so quickly that soon you will be
supplying every local pet store with as much as they can handle.    I love
how this stuff looks, but I also have trouble throwing perfectly good plants
away.  The last bunch I threw in a wading pool, where it quickly covered the
entire surface -- I'll just end up throwing it out.  So this is a good plant,
but perhaps not a good plant for people who have trouble throwing excess in
the garbage. :o)
Catherine