CO2 worst case scenario

Question for the list:

Could the top of a CO2 cylinder ever pop off due to enough pressure?  I’m wondering if a CO2 cylinder is under a tank is there any way part of it(like the top) could fly upwards and break the above tank? My tank stand has an open top design. I can look with a flashlight at my plant roots from inside my stand. Do I need to protect the glass tank bottom with wood or something in the area above the CO2 cylinder under the tank. I guess I’m asking if the tank fails what is the worst that could happen? Is there a way the top could ever become a projectile?

Rich

http://www.shopping.altavista.com