Regarding Ultraviolet Sterilizers

I have recently battled greenwater for several months, and was helped through
this by Tom Barr and some others on a planted tank board at
aquariacentral.com.  I just would like to say thanks to Tom for guiding me
and attempting to help me fix this problem through nutrient/chemical
adjustment as well as blackouts.  I would just suggest that if anyone has
been battling greenwater for a long time and has tried various methods to get
rid of it, do not hesitate too long to get a UV sterilizer.  I purchased a 25
watt model and changed some water, and the water is now clear enough to drink
practically!  I was starting to get so discouraged with the greenwater I was
considering giving up on the hobby altogether as greenwater really eliminated
any pleasure I got from my tanks.  I know I need to continue to monitor my
nutrients and learn more about aquaria in general, but sometimes I think it
is reasonable to seek a relatively quick fix.  I have not regretted for a
minute getting the UV, although it was expensive.  In short, do not hesitate
to get a UV sterilizer if you are frustrated by greenwater and cannot find
the right chemical mix despite your best efforts.  Thanks again to Tom and
others for helping me out through all of that mess.  And hello to fellow CAGA
members and Mike Wright, a very kind and polite young man who was most
gracious in giving me kudos earlier this month.  And thanks again to all of
the list members who contribute and help us newbies learn!

Thanks again,

Don Lee
Rockford, IL

multipart/alternative