Re: Ceratopteris

Arthur, the photo link you posted looks to be what I would expect C.
pteridoides to look like, from the descriptions of the plant I have read.
The name "Indian Water Fern" is pretty common and I've seen many references
to it, referring to pretty much all of the various water sprites. I've also
read that the plant is edible, although I don't care for the taste of it
(bitter). I think that is important to remember that what you have came
originally from the plants Karen collected in South America - it makes it
easier to keep track of the different populations of the species which might
be circulating within the hobby, sort of the same way that many killiefish
are identified by the collection details as well as the scientific name.

James Purchase
Toronto