Re: Phytosanitary Certificate

>Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:30:28 -0400
>From: "James Purchase" <jppurchase at Home_com>
>Subject: Phytosanitary Certificate

>It might cost more money to do it correctly, but if it would help reduce any
>possibility of potential tension it might be worth it. I do know that if I
>were a postal employee and I saw a lumpy, leaking envelope going through the
>system just now, I'd be more likely to call the police than hand it to a
>mail carrier for delivery.

Yeah, right.  Maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all.

To get a certificate for shipping my plants, I would have to first register
a business.
Then probably spend a few hours waiting at the customs every other day
for them to inspect my plants and certify them free of snails, worms,
whatever.
After that, incur more costs again by putting the plants into a box, naming
the contents
and then run the risk of having the whole shipment rejected and destroyed
when it reaches
the US of A.  Well, I would have done it if there was a profit to be made.

Thanks but no thanks.

For the time being, I won't be sending any more plants to the US of A.
Sorry folks, the defence fund will have to do without my help from now on.

To be honest, I am really glad I did what I did the last couple of weeks -  So
many nice people on this mailing list and so many have become my friends.

Loh K L